Helping you get back on your feet
Our Specialist Reablement Service (otherwise known as ‘Intermediate Care’) provides restorative support to people following a hospital stay. The service grew organically from our Home Care service due to recognising the important part home care services have to play in preventing the need for readmission to hospital.
SweetTree creates a comprehensive goals-based assessment that centres on recovery and wellbeing. We particularly understand how important the discharge planning phase is, knowing that it can be a harrowing and unnerving experience for people to move back from Hospital to their home environment.
For this reason SweetTree puts a great deal of effort towards ensuring a safe discharge – taking the lead when integrating family, friends and professionals to ensure the clients needs and interests are continually reviewed and remain a priority.
This helps us keep re-admissions to hospitals low and enables a timely and safe recovery process for our clients.
Our Reablement Service includes:
- Support to return home through comprehensive assessment
- Home preparation, including equipment checks
- Leading on creating effecting liaison with NHS Bodies & Local Authorities
- Keeping family members and key contacts updated where required
- Arrangement of additional services where required (e.g. Physio/OT)
- High frequency of need & goal reviews
- SweetTree’s additional specialist options as required (e.g. Dementia/End of Life)
Staff were extremely caring for people who used the service and their families. All people and relatives spoke highly of staff who supported them.
CQC Report December 2020