Supporting people with learning disabilities, complex care and autism in London
The specialist Learning Disabilities Service at SweetTree provides the highest quality care and support possible at home and in the community for people with mild, moderate and severe learning disabilities.
The SweetTree team recognises that it is generally not the learning disability that prevents people from taking on new challenges or living more independently but rather restrictions in the community surrounding them.
We design our support packages on personalities, likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions focusing on what people can do rather than potential obstacles.
We support people with autism and differing behaviours in part by applying the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® model, a holistic approach that is based on positive behaviour support (PBS).
The PBS model aims to improve quality of life for both service users and their families by helping to reduce social barriers, enabling individuals to lead a more active and fulfilling life.
Our Learning Disability service includes:
- Enabling successful living at home independently
- Skill building to manage money
- Travel training to gain confidence and independence
- CV preparation, job searches and role play for interviews
- Learning to stay healthy and exercising
- Support with medication and health appointments
- Discovering new hobbies, getting out and having fun!
- Accessing vocational training and work experience
- Managing correspondence and bills
- Working towards independence with personal care tasks
- Building social skills used to develop friendships
We also support people with learning disabilities through SweetTree Fields Farm:
Care was person-centred and promoted people’s dignity, privacy and human rights. Ethos, values, attitudes and behaviours of leaders and care staff ensure people using services lead confident, inclusive and empowered lives.
CQC Report December 2020