Brain injury support in London
SweetTree is the largest provider of community-based services for people with acquired brain injuries and long-term neurological conditions in the United Kingdom. The Acquired Brain Injury Service at SweetTree is commissioned by more than 50% of London based local authorities, NHS bodies, insurance companies and private case managers. The dedicated Brain Injury Service credits this success to the professional and highly skilled SweetTree support workers, who are skilled in rehabilitation and have a distinct “can do” attitude.
As part of the wider Brain Injury Service, the specialist Neurological Conditions Service at SweetTree offers the highest quality personal care and support to enable people to remain in their own homes with dignity, independence and control over their lives. Each person-centred care package focuses on individuals’ background, preferred lifestyle and wishes for the future. Care plans thereafter are regularly reviewed to provide a flexible approach to changing and complex needs.
We understand that life after a brain injury or the diagnosis of a long term neurological condition can feel challenging and confusing. Our highly skilled team work towards improving the quality of life of our clients in order to support each individual to reach their full potential. Our fundamental focus is high quality care, supporting wellbeing, growth and development. We make this vision a reality by employing the best people and by adopting a team approach to the provision of our services.
Our brain injury services include:
- Implementing independent living trials in the community
- Relearning executive skills such as budgeting, managing appointments and correspondence
- Behaviour management such as emotional needs and anger management
- Activities of personal care and daily living
- Helping clients to increase their socialisation and build meaningful relationships
- Enhance a client’s ability to participate in employment and vocational positions
- Working through medico-legal documentation requirements in order to clearly highlight goals, challenges and risks within a rehabilitation programme
We also support people with neurological conditions such as:
- Huntington’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Other complex Neurological Conditions
SweetTree is dedicated and committed to getting things right for people and being creative in developing services that really make a difference to life after brain injury and neurological changes.