Employee Relations Manager
Responsible to: Director of People & Values
Hours: 37.5 per week, 5 days per week 9am-5pm
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum DOA
The Employee Relations Manager at SweetTree is a dynamic and pivotal role Responsible for delivering a highly efficient and effective Employee Relations (ER) service, the role encompasses diverse responsibilities, including case management of grievances and disciplinaries, policy creation and review, and oversight of the complete employee lifecycle.
The ER Manager plays a key part in shaping SweetTree’s Employee Relations and reward strategy, suggesting and implementing process improvements, staying abreast of legislative changes, and contributing to a range of initiatives and project work, across the business.
With a focus on collaboration, the role involves supporting business leaders, colleagues, and managers by providing meaningful reports, and contributing to change activities.
The ideal candidate possesses strong knowledge of employment law, ER case management experience and is self-motivated with exceptional organisation and communication skills, with the ability to forge lasting relationships at all levels. You should be a methodical thinker that is eager to drive positive change, passionate about the experience you are helping deliver and have a keen eye for detail.
- The ER Manager will play a key role in the provision of an efficient and effective ER service, helping to provide sound and commercially pragmatic advice that is aligned with SweetTree’s Charter and mission statement.
- Providing day-to-day ER subject matter knowledge and expertise to support case management of grievances and disciplinaries, performance/conduct issues, sickness and absences, planning investigations, thorough interviews, review of forensic information, completing detailed and balanced investigation summaries; on occasions as an HR representative at hearings, and as an escalation point for complex issues.
- Ability to identify and quantify ER related risks and advise accordingly.
- Supporting the creation, preparation, review, amendment and communication of employment policies and handbooks, suggesting actions, and flagging any issues for attention.
- Supporting the creation, preparation, review, amendment and communication of template letters and other tools as may be necessary, suggesting actions and flagging any issues for attention.
- Support and manage the complete employee lifecycle including but not exclusive of sickness, absence, AWOL & Family leave, probation monitoring and leavers process.
- Lead and contribute to SweetTree’s Employee relations reward strategy and associated projects.
- Suggesting and implementing internal process improvements that support an efficient and business-focused ER service.
- Supporting business leaders to create meaningful reports and helping to recommend actions, utilising where necessary external expertise e.g. employment lawyers.
- Supporting business change activities e.g. restructuring, transfer (TUPE), redundancies, settlement, and expertise for formal consultation.
- Taking ownership and maintenance of the HRMS’s and employee records, ensuring data is appropriately managed and updated. Provide feedback and reports on key themes / learnings to support improvement of SweetTree’s Employee Relations Strategy
- Staying updated and informed on matters relating to legislative changes, interpretation of employment law, policy, and procedures to ensure guidance and policy advice is current, compliant, and easy to apply.
- Work closely with the payroll team to ensure accurate information exchange and updates are provided monthly in relation to pay and reward.
- Management and support of internal and external auditing
- Enhancing the capability and knowledge of line managers in dealing with ER-related issues by providing advice, training/upskilling and the development of effective tools and guidelines.
- Providing support and guidance to fellow team members, raise the knowledge/expertise and skill level of colleagues and be a role model for good employment practice.
- Work closely with the wider HR team to support smooth and timely onboarding and engagement with all new and current team.
- Act as deputy to the HR Director and provide ad hoc absence cover where needed.
- Support the wider HR function and perform other related duties as required act as deputy to the HR Director
- Working knowledge of current employment law
- Experience in management of ER cases, policies and procedures for full time and zero hours contracts
- Ability to monitor and perform against a set of KPI’s.
- Analytical thinker with ability to make data led and informed decisions.
- An understanding of Health and Safety Legislation
- Ability to working independently with little instruction and to consult with staff in various locations.
- Proficient in MS Office packages
- Experience in a fast moving, customer facing organisation preferred.
- CIPD qualified (preferred not essential, qualified, or part-qualified)
- Knowledge or experience working within a Health or Social Care, Charity or similar setting would be advantageous.
In return, we offer:
- Ongoing support and development, with our Career Pathway with AIMs accredited training.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- A "Me day" - a day off plus £20 to spend on spoiling yourself.
- Health & Wellbeing programme
- Shopping/Services discount platforms
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free DBS check
- Company Pension Scheme
Longevity Service Awards
- Employee Assistance programme
- Social events such as Christmas and Summer parties
Our Commitment to Exceptional Care:
At SweetTree, we do not just provide care – we create meaningful connections and enhance the lives of individuals we work with. We believe that every interaction is an opportunity to make a positive impact, and we are looking for a talented individual who share our vision.
A Trusted Name in the Industry:
SweetTree Home Care Services is a multi-award-winning leading provider, with an outstanding rating from the CQC. For over two decades, we have been dedicated to offering exceptional support and community and home-based services for our clients. Our commitment to excellence has made us a trusted name in the industry.
At SweetTree, everything we do has a heavy focus on making a positive difference in the lives of our clients. We are currently looking for a compassionate and dynamic individual to join our team, if you are an experienced professional with a passion for enhancing the lives of individuals and a commitment to excellence, then we want to hear from you!Apply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.