Support Manager, Brain Injury & Neurological Conditions Service
Location: Coleridge House, 1 Coleridge Gardens, London NW6 3QH
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary Package: £35,000 - £38,000 per annum depending on the experience
At SweetTree, we do not just provide care – we create meaningful connections and enhance the lives of individuals requiring our support. We believe that every interaction is an opportunity to make a positive impact, and we're looking for talented individuals who share our vision.
SweetTree Home Care Services is a multi-award winning, leading provider, with an Outstanding rating from the CQC. For two decades, we have been dedicated to offering exceptional support and community-based services for individuals. Our commitment to excellence has made us a trusted name in the industry.
PURPOSE OF POST:
To assess, set-up and maintain complex care support packages for clients with Brain Injury and/or Neurological Conditions. This involves working closely with families, CCG’s, Local Authorities, self-funders, case managers, multi-disciplinary teams (MDT) as well as clients involved in medico-legal cases to provide high quality holistic care and support. Experience working with MDT’s and families is a key component of this role as is sound decision making and the ability to prioritise and manage a varied case load.
- Manage a client case load of varying complexity ensuring a high quality, client centred approach is delivered with an emphasis on quality of life to those with Acquired Brain Injury or Neurological Conditions
- Conduct thorough needs assessments, including risk assessments, prepare care and support plans ensuring they are regularly updated to reflect the Client’s individual needs
- Actively participate in the recruitment of support workers
- Prepare, attend and engage in regular support worker supervisions, appraisals and performance reviews accepting and providing constructive feedback
- Support and deliver training for new and existing support workers to provide high quality care and support for all Clients
- Work with the team to develop and lead the marketing and networking of the Service
- Participate in the Emergency Out of Hours / On call rota
- Attend and share knowledge from conferences, workshops and key stakeholder events and Training support workers
- Work collaboratively with all members of the brain injury team to promote a cohesive work environment
- Be responsible for taking Brain Injury/Neuro referrals and enquiries. Logging information, giving advice and following up on enquiries and referrals as appropriate
- ·To contribute to the overall development of the service and promote a positive image of all Clients and SweetTree Home Care
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent organisational skills and a thorough approach to work
- A calm and methodical approach with acute attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team
- An understanding of case management and medico-legal funding management
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to the sector including capacity and consent
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully at different levels, both verbally and in writing
- An understanding of the challenges faced by Support Workers
- Ability to travel to and from Client assessments, reviews, support worker facilitations, spot checks and observations etc.
- An understanding of the psychological, physical, cognitive, emotional changes and challenges that a case load of this type entails
- Experience working with people who have sustained a brain injury or a long-term neurological condition in the community
- Proven experience of undertaking assessments and reviews and understanding of the needs of people who have sustained a brain injury or long term neurological condition who require complex care
- Experience working with MDT’s and families is a key component of this role as is sound decision making and the ability to prioritise and manage a varied case load
· A relevant professional qualification such as social work, occupational therapy, psychology, speech and language therapy or nursing etc.
If you are interested in this role, please press the apply button and our Recruitment team will be in touch.
*Check out SweetTree's very own Care Farm, a one of a kind facility we use to further support our clients: https://www.sweettreefarmingforall.org.uk/
Apply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.