Dementia Care Manager
Responsible to: Head of Service - Dementia
Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon - Fri 9am-5pm
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 per annum
Our Commitment to Exceptional Care:
At SweetTree, we do not just provide care – we create meaningful connections and enhance the lives of individuals living with dementia. We believe that every interaction is an opportunity to make a positive impact, and we are looking for a talented individual who share our vision.
A Trusted Name in the Industry:
SweetTree Home Care Services is a multi-award-winning leading provider, with an outstanding rating from the CQC. For over two decades, we have been dedicated to offering exceptional support and community and home-based services for our clients. Our commitment to excellence has made us a trusted name in the industry.
At SweetTree, everything we do has a heavy focus on making a positive difference in the lives of our clients. We are currently looking for a compassionate and dynamic individual to join our team a Dementia Care Manager. If you are an experienced professional with a passion for enhancing the lives of individuals and a commitment to excellence, then we want to hear from you!
As a Dementia Care Manager, you'll be responsible for providing compassionate care to your own case load of clients, supporting them to maintain independence and building strong relationships with clients, families, and relevant external stakeholders, you will guide and support the individuals in your care to achieve their set goals outlined in their care plans.
Reporting to the Head of Service/Operations Director, your responsibilities include assessing client needs, creating and implementing individualised and person-centred care plans, and overseeing day-to-day management of your client’s support. Your role extends to recruiting, supervising, developing, and managing your own team of carers, maintaining meticulous records, and actively participating in the development and expansion of networks within the dementia care service alongside your team.
Principal Duties as a Dementia Care Manager:
- Conduct ongoing assessments of health and wellbeing, risk assessments, and intervention plans for dementia clients.
- Collaborate with the Dementia Team to ensure smooth day-to-day operations, providing support to clients and carers to create a consistent and tailored approach for each client.
- Assist clients in achieving their set goals as outlined in their care plans.
- Build relationships with healthcare practitioners, agencies, and case managers to ensure the best possible care for families and clients affected by dementia.
- Recruit, supervise, develop, and manage support workers, ensuring high-quality care delivery.
- Maintain accurate records for clients and support workers.
- Organise work efficiently, meeting quality targets, KPI’s and deadlines.
- Develop and expand networks with other care providers and partner organisations in the dementia sector.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Attitude:
- A proven experience of managing care for individuals with Dementia and a strong understanding of managing client needs.
- Knowledge of health and social care structure and relevant dementia legislation
- A proven ability to lead and develop and motivate a team and work positively in a diverse environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Clear and tactful communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organisational skills and a thorough approach to work
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a team.
- Relevant professional qualification
- Strong presentation skills
In return, we offer:
- Ongoing support and development, with our Career Pathway with AIMs accredited training
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- A "Me day" - a day off plus £20 to spend on spoiling yourself
- Health & Wellbeing programme
- Shopping/Services discount platforms
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free DBS check
- Company Pension Scheme
- Longevity Service Awards
- Employee Assistance programme
- Social events such as Christmas and Summer parties
If you are enthusiastic about making a positive impact in the lives of those affected by Dementia and have the requisite skills and experience, we invite you to apply. Join SweetTree as a Dementia Care Manager and our mission to provide exceptional care and support to our clients.
At Sweet Tree Home Care Services, a CQC Outstanding Organisation, we are committed to providing exceptional support and care for people in their own homes. We are “all about people” and we work together as one team to achieve the best outcome for our clients.
If you are interested in Dementia Care Manager position, please click on the "Apply" button, and our Recruitment Team will contact you soon. We look forward to reviewing your application.Apply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.