Head of Service – Dementia
Responsible to: Operations Director/Registered Manager
Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon - Fri 9am-5pm
Salary: £45,000 - £53,000
Our Commitment to Exceptional Care:
At SweetTree, we do not just provide care – we create meaningful connections and enhance the lives of individuals living with dementia. We believe that every interaction is an opportunity to make a positive impact, and we're looking for a talented individual who share’s our vision.
A Trusted Name in the Industry:
SweetTree Home Care Services is a leading provider with an Outstanding rating from the CQC. For over two decades, we have been dedicated to offering exceptional support and community and home based services for our clients. Our commitment to excellence has made us a trusted name in the industry.
At SweetTree; everything we do has a heavy focus on making a positive difference in the lives of our clients. We are currently looking for a compassionate and dynamic individual to join our team as the Head of our Dementia Service . If you're an experienced professional with leadership experience, a passion for enhancing the lives of individuals and a commitment to excellence, then we want to hear from you!
As the Head of Service, you will play a pivotal role in leading our team to provide the highest quality care and support to our clients. Your mission is to empower them to remain independent in their own homes and thrive in their communities while adhering to the SweetTree Charter. This role encompasses the management, clinical development, and growth of the Dementia Service, including all subsidiary services. You will lead the office and support teams to ensure the highest levels of engagement and quality practice.
- Accountable for the day-to-day running of the Dementia Service and team workload.
- Ensure the delivery of a high-quality, person-centred, and clinically appropriate service.
- Monitor performance through quality, employee, client, service, and financial KPIs.
- Foster high engagement and utilisation among the support team.
- Ensure quality clinical decision-making for all care-related queries.
- Drive growth and development of Dementia Services in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Implement company strategy alongside the Operations Director.
- Directly manage and support Care Managers, ensuring effective support for all service employees.
- Maintain management/coordination rota, including annual leave, to ensure 24/7 coverage.
- Manage on-call rota and act as the on-call representative for all managed services.
- Partner with Operations Director/Registered Manager to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Serve as a key contact with HR, Training, and Finance to ensure team development and financial accuracy.
- Represent the Dementia service in internal and external meetings.
- Lead marketing, networking, and service development opportunities in liaison with the Operations Director.
Essential Experience, Skills, or Attitudes:
- Proven professional background with high-level management achievements in the care sector.
- Extensive experience working with individuals with Dementia.
- Experience leading a management team.
- Relevant professional qualification.
- Strong interpersonal skills, authoritative, persuasive, and motivational.
- Ability to present and negotiate effectively, plan, and manage project-based work.
- Strong desire for continuous learning and skill development.
- Proactive 'doer' attitude that embraces challenges.
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to handle complaints following established policies and procedures.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of those affected by Dementia and have the requisite skills and experience, we invite you to apply. Join SweetTree in our mission to provide exceptional care and support to our clients.Apply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.