Join Our Team as an Assistant Support Manager at SweetTree
Are you passionate about making a positive impact in people's lives? Do you thrive in a fast-paced but supportive environment, where no two days are the same? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Position: Assistant Support Manager
Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon - Fri 9am-5pm
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 DOE
Our Commitment to Exceptional Care:
At SweetTree, we do not just provide care – we create meaningful connections and enhance the lives of individuals requiring general home care or living with dementia. We believe that every interaction is an opportunity to make a positive impact, and we're looking for talented individuals who share our vision.
A Trusted Name in the Industry:
SweetTree Home Care Services is a leading provider with an Outstanding rating from the CQC. For two decades, we have been dedicated to offering exceptional support and community and home based services for individuals requiring support. Our commitment to excellence has made us a trusted name in the industry.
As an Assistant Support Manager at SweetTree, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring high-quality care and support for our clients. You will work closely with our Support Manager and a Coordinator to maintain the highest level of compliance with our Quality Assurance markers and help us meet our company KPIs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring a client-centred approach to support, focusing on goal attainment and quality of life.
- Auditing support delivery, accuracy, and adherence to Support Plans, including outcome monitoring and medication provision.
- Overseeing Daily Support Records and reporting concerns to Support Managers.
- Delivering client care reports to third parties when required.
- Participating in needs assessments and updating care and support plans.
- Managing support worker competency spot checks and probation reviews.
- Facilitating ongoing learning and development for support workers.
- Taking a proactive role in identifying and addressing performance management issues.
- Assisting in interviews and cross-service interviews when needed.
- Coordinating package delivery and effective shift management.
- Providing emergency client support for uncovered daytime shifts.
Essential Experience, Skills, or Attitudes:
- Experience in Domiciliary care with some knowledge in Dementia care.
- Experience working with people who require support.
- Experience working in a team in a fast-changing environment.
- A 'doer' attitude that embraces challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate a remote workforce.
- Strong dispute resolution skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience of working positively in a diverse environment.
- Clear and tactful communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Desirable Experience or Qualifications:
- Relevant professional qualifications such as social work, occupational therapy, psychology, speech and language therapy, or nursing.
- Experience as a support worker in the community and an understanding of the challenges faced.
- A relevant administrative/IT qualification.
Why Choose SweetTree? We Offer More Than Just a Job:
- Competitive Salary: We recognise and reward your skills and experience with a competitive salary that values your expertise.
- Generous Annual Leave: Enjoy a generous annual leave allowance, plus bank holidays, so you can relax and recharge.
- "Me Day": Treat yourself to a well-deserved break with our special "Me Day" – a day off plus £20 to indulge in self-care and relaxation.
- Free DBS Check: We'll cover the cost of your DBS check, ensuring a hassle-free start to your role.
- Eye Care Vouchers: Your vision matters to us, so we provide eye care vouchers to help you maintain good eye health.
- Company Pension Scheme: Secure your financial future with our comprehensive Company Pension Scheme.
- Longevity Service Awards: Your dedication to SweetTree doesn't go unnoticed – be recognised and rewarded for your loyalty through our Longevity Service Awards.
- Employee Assistance Programme: We care about your well-being. Access our Employee Assistance Programme for confidential support when you need it most.
- Exciting Social Events: Join the fun at our exciting social events, including memorable Christmas and Summer parties, and connect with your colleagues outside of work.
- Employee Discounts: Benefit from employee discounts through LifeWorks, allowing you to save on various goods and services.
Join our team and experience a rewarding career with SweetTree. Your journey begins here, where you can make a real difference in the lives of our clients while enjoying the benefits and support of a dynamic and caring community.Apply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Want to keep an eye on our opportunities? Sign up for our job alerts and get emails about vacancies as they appear.
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.