Brain Injury Support Worker, Thames Ditton
8 - 12 hour shifts Monday to Sunday plus sleep-in and waking nights 8am - 8pm
Pay rates from £12.50 - £14 per hour
SweetTree Home Care Services has been committed to providing exceptional support and community-based services for people with acquired brain injuries and long-term neurological conditions for 20+ years.
We are currently looking for experienced brain injury support workers to support our client who lives in Thames Ditton and has sustained a brain injury through a road traffic accident. Our client is a lovely guy who enjoys art and music and has a master’s degree in Fine Art from Goldsmiths and is a highly accomplished guitarist and composer.
This role would be perfect for those looking to progress their knowledge in social care, as you will work closely with a well-regarded MDT team both in the hospital as well as privately. This client will require full 2:1 support for all his care and behavioural needs. Our client has progressed significantly since his injury, and our goal is to continue this rehabilitation within the community.
For the success candidates PMVA and Breakaway training will be provided due to he’s uncontrollable movements.
Key Support Worker Tasks include:
- Support the client to undertake their rehabilitation programme
- Support with day-to-day activities of daily living
The support worker role can be quite a challenging environment so skills such as a positive attitude, compassion, resilience and passion to make a difference are key. You will be supported by our extensively experienced office team and multidisciplinary therapists.
- Minimum 8-hour shift with client
- Pay rates from £12.50 per hour
- Comprehensive Pre-Employment Assessment Programme
- Internal awards, a recognition scheme and Long Service Awards
- £200 Friend Referral Scheme
- 28 days paid holiday including Bank holidays
- DBS Certificate fully refunded once you have worked 80 hours
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Career development pathways through our Care Training Academy
All applications for this position must be made online by clicking the 'Apply' button and our Recruitment team will be in touch once the application has been reviewed.Apply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy
Want to keep an eye on our opportunities? Sign up for our job alerts and get emails about vacancies as they appear.
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.