Learning Disabilities Support Worker - Islington
Pay Rate from £10.05 - £13.65 per hour
SweetTree Home Care, a CQC rated Outstanding organisation could be the place for you!
Within our Learning Disabilities team, we are currently looking for support workers in and around Islington area to support our clients who have learning disabilities and / or challenging behaviours.
Shifts are available from 4 - 12 hours per day and for various weekdays and weekends.
The role of a support worker is unique and varied because the people you support all have unique needs. Whilst this can be a very diverse role, the key focus is always on supporting a person to lead a fulfilling and more independent life.
On a day-to-day basis, support worker duties could include helping with meal preparation, household chores, administering medication, managing finances, accessing community facilities, going shopping, meeting friends, visiting the doctors, finding a job, or providing general emotional support. In return, we offer all our support workers:
- A full and comprehensive pre-employment assessment training programme
- Bespoke specific training relevant to our client group such as PROACT-SCIPr-UK®
- Support from our enthusiastic and innovative management team
- We support all staff to complete and achieve the nationally recognised Care Certificate
- Opportunities to complete Health & Social Care Diploma’s levels 2, 3 and 5
- Long service and recognition awards
- Career Progression
If you have previous support worker experience please press the apply button and our Recruitment Team will be in touch.
Apply Now Download Job description