Female Dementia Care Assistant
Location: London - Various Locations
Shifts: Flexible working hours
Salary: £12.00-£13.70 per hour (with the ability to access a % of your earnings in just 4 days or less after completing shifts!)*
At SweetTree, we don't just provide care – we create meaningful connections and enhance the lives of individuals living with dementia. We believe that every interaction is an opportunity to make a positive impact, and we're looking for talented individuals who share our vision.
If you a compassionate and dedicated individual with a passion for making a real difference in the lives of those affected by dementia? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! SweetTree Home Care Services is excited to welcome exceptional Dementia Care Assistants to join our award-winning team.
What Sets Our Dementia Care Assistants Apart?
Our Dementia Care Assistants are not just caregivers; they are empathetic companions, creative problem solvers, and expert dementia supporters. You'll be equipped with the skills and knowledge to provide specialized care that focuses on the unique needs of each individual.
- Person-Centered Approach: Tailoring your care to the specific preferences and routines of each client, promoting a sense of familiarity and comfort.
- Communication Mastery: Effectively engaging with individuals with dementia, using non-verbal cues, active listening, and adaptive communication techniques to foster understanding and trust.
- Memory and Cognitive Support: Employing strategies to stimulate memory recall, engage cognitive functions, and maintain mental acuity through activities, conversations, and sensory experiences.
- Behavioral Expertise: Understanding and managing challenging behaviours with patience, compassion, and evidence-based techniques to ensure a safe and nurturing environment.
- Emotional Well-being: Providing genuine emotional support and companionship, helping clients manage feelings of confusion, anxiety, and isolation often associated with dementia.
To thrive in this role, you should have:
- Previous experience in a home care setting as a Carer
- The ability to communicate professionally and empathetically with elderly or disabled clients, even in challenging situations
- A deep understanding of the needs and vulnerabilities of elderly adults within our community
- Knowledge of food hygiene, manual handling, and health & safety standards
- Ability to administer medications, making a meaningful difference in their health journey.
- Ability to help with grocery shopping and meal preparation based on client preferences
- Be confident when collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams.
- The Ability to maintain meticulous records and documentation
We are a reputable domiciliary care company that has been successfully operating for two decades, recognised for our commitment to excellence in care and our unwavering dedication to our clients. We take pride in being rated as an 'Outstanding' provider by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), a testament to our exceptional standards and quality of service. Our unwavering commitment to providing exceptional support and community-based services has made us a trusted name in the industry.
At SweetTree, we believe in holistic care that extends beyond traditional boundaries, and some of our clients and Care Assistants also have the option, where desired, to work with us on our care farm. Our London Care Farm is a haven of possibilities, where clients embark on a journey of growth, life skills, development, and aligned goal setting. Picture this: alpacas, chickens, sheep, goats, and more, all playing a role in the nurturing process.
What We Offer:
Joining SweetTree means stepping into a realm of growth, support and development. As a Dementia Care Assistant, you'll receive specialised training and have the unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and caring community that values your skills and dedication. Whether you're seeking full-time or part-time positions, we would ideally require a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week, with a minimum of 3-hour visits per client to ensure the highest level of care.
Perks of Being Part of SweetTree:
We value and invest in our team members. When you join us, you'll enjoy:
- Flexible working hours that cater to your schedule ensuring a balance of work and personal commitments. Varied contract options, including zero-hour, part-time, and full-time.
- Early access to your earnings via Wagestream, which provides you with the ability to access a % of your earnings in just 4 days or less after completing shifts!
- Continuous training and professional development through the renowned SweetTree Home Care Services Academy. Including Apprenticeship Opportunities.
- Unwavering support 24-hour on-call assistance. and your own dedicated Manager and Coordinator to support you day to day
- Incentive Rewards An attractive £200 Friend Referral Scheme.
- 28 days of paid holiday, encompassing bank holidays.
- A Contributory Pension Scheme to plan for your future.
- Service length awards and recognition
- Exclusive savings - Access to the LifeWorks Benefits Scheme, offering monetary savings and exclusive offers.
- Social events, summer parties, winter parties and awards ceremony's
Join Our Success Story: Apply Now!
Be a part of our winning team and make a lasting impact on the lives of those who need it most. Apply now to embark on a fulfilling career journey with SweetTree Home Care Services.
*Female/Male requirement exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 ScheduleApply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.