Join Our Team as a Learning Disability Support Worker in London!
Location: London - Various Locations
Shifts: Flexible working hours
Salary: £12.20-£14.90 per hour (with the ability to access a % of your earnings in just 4 days or less after completing shifts!)*
Are you driven by a passion for making a real difference in people's lives? Do you thrive in a dynamic and flexible work environment? If so, we have an incredible opportunity for you! SweetTree Home Care Services is excited to welcome dedicated Learning Disability Support Workers to our Award-Winning team.
At SweetTree, we're more than just a care provider - we're a community that values expertise, compassion, and positive impact. If you have experience as a Support Worker and possess knowledge about individuals with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour, autism, acquired brain injuries, or neurological conditions, we want to hear from you.
What We're Looking For:
If you're an experienced, dedicated, Support Worker with a deep understanding of individuals needs and the importance person centred care, we want to hear from you. Your hands-on experience and your commitment to making a difference in people’s lives are what set you apart.
- Previous experience with learning disabilities and autism is a strong advantage
- Provide one-on-one support in clients' homes
- Cultivate a positive and supportive environment that promotes independence and well-being
- Ensure the safety and well-being of clients at all times
- Maintain accurate records and documentation
As a Learning Disability Support Worker, you'll play a crucial role in enhancing the lives of our clients. Your duties will include:
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Supporting individuals with household tasks and upkeep
- Administering medication
- Facilitating community engagement and participation
- Accompanying individuals on shopping trips and outings
- Coordinating and attending medical appointments
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams
We are a reputable domiciliary care company that has been successfully operating for two decades, recognised for our commitment to excellence in care and our unwavering dedication to our clients. We take pride in being rated as an 'Outstanding' provider by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), a testament to our exceptional standards and quality of service. Our unwavering commitment to providing exceptional support and community-based services for individuals speaks to our ethos.
At SweetTree, we believe in holistic care that extends beyond traditional boundaries, and some of our clients and support workers also have the option, where desired, to work with us on our care farm. Our London Care Farm is a haven of possibilities, where clients embark on a journey of growth, life skills, development, and aligned goal setting. Picture this: alpacas, chickens, sheep, goats, and more, all playing a role in the nurturing process.
What We Offer:
Joining SweetTree means stepping into a realm of growth, support and development. As a Learning Disability Support Worker, you'll receive specialised training and have the unique opportunity to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, including clinical psychologists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, and clinicians. Whether you're seeking full-time or part-time positions, we would ideally require a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week, with a minimum of 3-hour visits per client to ensure the highest level of care.
Perks of Being Part of SweetTree:
We value and invest in our team members. When you join us, you'll enjoy:
- Flexible working hours that cater to your schedule ensuring a balance of work and personal commitments. Varied contract options, including zero-hour, part-time, and full-time.
- Early access to your earnings via Wagestream, which provides you with the ability to access a % of your earnings in just 4 days or less after completing shifts!
- Continuous training and professional development through the renowned SweetTree Home Care Services Academy. Including Apprenticeship Opportunities.
- Unwavering support 24-hour on-call assistance. and your own dedicated Manager and Coordinator to support you day to day
- Incentive Rewards An attractive £200 Friend Referral Scheme.
- 28 days of paid holiday, encompassing bank holidays.
- A Contributory Pension Scheme to plan for your future.
- Service length awards and recognition
- Exclusive savings - Access to the LifeWorks Benefits Scheme, offering monetary savings and exclusive offers.
- Social events, summer parties, winter parties and awards ceremony's
Join Our Success Story: Apply Now!
Are you ready to embark on a rewarding journey that combines your skills with a commitment to transforming lives? Apply now and become an integral part of the SweetTree success story! Your compassion and expertise can make a lasting impact. Join us today!Apply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.