Female Brain Injury Support Worker - Finchley (Bilingual English/Romanian speaker needed)
Location: London, Finchley, N3
Shifts: Various Shifts available for day shifts and/or sleep in nights
Salary: £12.75-£14.75 p/h (with the ability to access a % of your earnings in just 4 days or less after completing shifts!)*
Support: One to one package
Are you driven by a passion for making a positive impact on someone's life? Are you seeking flexible hours that fit your schedule? Look no further! SweetTree Home Care Services, a multi award-winning provider, is excited to invite dedicated Brain Injury Support Workers like yourself to become part of our dynamic and compassionate team.
Who We're Looking For:
If you're an experienced, dedicated, Brain Injury Support Worker with a deep understanding of individuals who have acquired brain injuries, mental health conditions, or a background in fields like Psychology, Neuroscience, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, or other health and social care related disciplines, we want to hear from you. Your hands-on experience and your commitment to making a difference in people’s lives are what set you apart.
What We Offer:
Joining SweetTree means stepping into a realm of growth, support and development. As a Brain Injury Support Worker, you'll receive specialised training and have the unique opportunity to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, including clinical psychologists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, and rehabilitation clinicians. Whether you're seeking full-time or part-time positions, we would ideally require a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week, with a minimum of 3-hour visits per client to ensure the highest level of care.
Our Specialised Areas:
As a valued member of our team, you'll be part of providing essential support in various specialised areas, including:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Huntington’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
This particular client has suffered a traumatic brain injury. As a result of her injury, she presents with aphasia and apraxia, seizures, and right sided weakness. The client would need support in the following:
- mobility support
- communication and companionship
- nutritional needs
- personal care
- active rehabilitation goals support
Your role as a Support Worker is pivotal in shaping the lives of those we support. You will also be require to support with the following:
- Leverage your previous experience with brain injury clients to offer invaluable insights.
- Provide personalized one-on-one support within the comfort of the clients' homes.
- Foster a nurturing and positive environment that encourages independence and overall well-being.
- Prioritise client safety and well-being as your utmost responsibility.
- Maintain meticulous records and documentation, ensuring the highest standard of care.
Perks of Being Part of SweetTree:
We value and invest in our team members. When you join us, you'll enjoy:
- Flexible working hours that cater to your schedule ensuring a balance of work and personal commitments. Varied contract options, including zero-hour, part-time, and full-time.
- Continuous training and professional development through the renowned SweetTree Home Care Services Academy. Including Apprenticeship Opportunities.
- Unwavering support 24-hour on-call assistance. and your own dedicated Manager and Coordinator to support you day to day
- Incentive Rewards An attractive £200 Friend Referral Scheme.
- 28 days of paid holiday, encompassing bank holidays.
- A Contributory Pension Scheme to plan for your future.
- Service length awards and recognition
- Exclusive savings - Access to the LifeWorks Benefits Scheme, offering monetary savings and exclusive offers.
- Early access to your earnings via Wagestream, which provides you with the ability to access a % of your earnings in just 4 days or less after completing shifts!
- Social events, summer parties, winter parties and awards ceremony's
We are a reputable domiciliary care company that has been successfully operating for two decades, recognised for our commitment to excellence in care and our unwavering dedication to our clients. We take pride in being rated as an 'Outstanding' provider by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), a testament to our exceptional standards and quality of service. Our unwavering commitment to providing exceptional support and community-based services for individuals with acquired brain injuries and long-term neurological conditions speaks to our ethos.
At SweetTree, we believe in holistic care that extends beyond traditional boundaries, and some of our clients and support workers also have the option, where desired, to work with us on our care farm. Our London Care Farm is a haven of possibilities, where clients embark on a journey of growth, life skills, development, and aligned goal setting. Picture this: alpacas, chickens, sheep, goats, and more, all playing a role in the nurturing process.
Ready to Make a Difference?
Join us now to be a part of our success story. Your dedication and compassion can transform lives. Apply today and become a valued member of our winning team at SweetTree Home Care Services. Your journey of impact begins here!
Please keep in mind that this is a zero-hour contract. In the event that our client’s needs change, you may be offered various shifts with various clients.
*Female requirement exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 ScheduleApply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.