Learning Disabilities Support Manager
Location: Coleridge House, 1 Coleridge Gardens, London NW6 3QH
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary Package: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on the experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join us as a key driver in the role of Learning Disability Support Manager. You will work alongside a highly skilled and passionate team, within a highly reputable London Home Care provider.
SweetTree has been delivering high quality care for over 20 years, a CQC rated “Outstanding” provider of care, twice in a row, we are looking for a like-minded, dedicated individual to support growth within the service whilst and maintain our commitment and mission to continue to provide outstanding care in the community.
As a Learning Disability Support Manager, you will take ownership of your own client base within a designated geographic region in Greater London, utilising your specialised knowledge and skills you will support team growth and continue to create specialised, expert led, person centred care that’s tailored to the individual. You will ideally have experience as a registered learning disability Nurse/Advance Nurse practitioner or a best interest assessor.
Working alongside an experienced team of Support Managers, the Learning Disability Support Manager will seek to continuously improve and constructively challenge our learning disabilities service offering and processes to help individuals to live safe, well and fulfilled lives within their communities. With considerable scope for growth, you will not be afraid to ‘get stuck in,’ whether it be to create tangible positive changes in our clients’ lives, or in mentoring our aspiring Support Workers on their own care journeys. You will have experience executing target driven outcomes, striving for excellence, and being an arbiter of your own success.
To assess the care needs, design, develop and implement and evaluate programmes of care in partnership with clients, families, and support workers. Providing clinical guidance, mentorship, and support to team members.
Create positive outcomes in people’s lives, while effectively managing, engaging, and promoting best practice to a remote team of Support Workers.
To share knowledge, participate in training and join the network of other Learning Disability Support Managers. Ensuring an elevated level of compliance to SweetTree’s Quality Assurance markers and playing a key role in ensuring relevant company KPI’s are met.
- Responsible for ensuring a high quality, safe, client-centred approach to all assigned clients with an emphasis on goal attainment and quality of life.
- Accountable for KPI’s relating to relevant identified area in the four company KPI areas (i.e., Hours/Client/Employee/Service)
- Responsible for carrying out regular Client reviews, daily support record audits and ensuring support plans are in place and compliant with company policy.
- To provide any specialist training for the service as and when required, as well as providing clinical guidance to support Team and client’s success.
- Responsible for onboarding new clients with an exceptional focus, introducing support workers, promoting best practice, and regularly reviewing all elements of a new clients support to provide the best chance of ongoing care package stability.
- Accountable for best-practice coordination of care packages
- Responsible for the management of assigned Support Workers, Assistant Managers and Coordinators (when relevant), empowering them to provide high quality care for clients across the service.
- Responsible for carrying a case load/ case management of Learning disability clients.
- Participating in the on-call rota.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience working with vulnerable adults within a specific discipline.
- Strong leadership abilities to guide and motivate the team.
- An in-depth understanding of how health and social care is structured.
- A working knowledge of legislation relevant to the care sector
- An understanding of the challenges faced by remote support workers.
- Experience in being able to liaise with outside agencies and other professionals.
- Experience of working positively in a diverse environment
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Be able to communicate clearly and tactfully at different levels.
- Excellent organisational skills and a thorough approach to work
- Be able to work autonomously and productively as part of a team.
- Driver with clean license
- 1 year experience in a supervisor/management role
- Registered Learning disability Nurse/Advance Nurse practitioner/Best interest Assessor
In return, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- A "Me day"
- Free DBS check
- Eye care vouchers
- Company Pension Scheme
- Longevity Service Awards
- Employee Assistance and wellbeing programme
- Social events such as Christmas and Summer parties
- Employee discounts through LifeWorks
- Career development and training via our Training Academy
If you are interested in this role, please press the apply button and our Recruitment team will be in touch.
At Sweet Tree Home Care Services, a CQC Outstanding Organisation, we are committed to providing exceptional support and care for people in their own homes. We are “all about people” and we work together as one team to achieve the best outcome for our clients.
If you are interested in this position, please click on the "Apply" button, and our Recruitment Team will contact you soon. We look forward to reviewing your application.Apply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Want to keep an eye on our opportunities? Sign up for our job alerts and get emails about vacancies as they appear.
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.