Apply Now Download Job description
Brain Injury Support Worker, Sutton, Surrey
Pay rates from £11.85 - £13.85 per hour
12 hour shifts available 8am - 8pm Monday to Sunday plus sleep in nights
Our team of specialists within our Brain Injury Service are currently looking for passionate experienced Brain Injury Support Workers to provide support to our male client in Sutton, Surrey, who has acquired a brain injury.
Our client needs an experienced brain injury support worker to help him continue his rehabilitation programme; to plan and organise his daily activities; help with meals and some prompting with personal care. Our client has an electric wheelchair so will need additional support with mobility but he is very self-sufficient. Drivers would be preferred (but not essential) as the client has a car for shopping and accessing the community.
Successful candidates will need previous support experience working with clients who have acquired a brain injury and you will also receive specialist support worker training with us at SweetTree and have the opportunity to work alongside multi-disciplinary teams such as clinical psychologists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, and other rehabilitation clinicians.
Why SweetTree? Some of the benefits of working as a Support Worker include:
- Minimum 4-hour shift with clients
- Comprehensive Pre-Employment Programme
- Internal awards, a recognition scheme and Long Service Awards
- £200 Friend Referral Scheme
- 28 days paid holiday including Bank holidays
- DBS Certificate fully refunded once you have worked 80 hours
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Career development pathways through our Care Training Academy
All applications for this position must be made online by clicking the 'Apply' button and our Recruitment Team will be in touch.