Brain Injury Support Worker, Surbiton / Thames Ditton
12 hour shifts 8am - 8pm
Pay rates from £11.55 - £13.65 per hour
SweetTree Home Care Services has been committed to providing exceptional support and community-based services for people with acquired brain injuries and long term neurological conditions for 18+ years.
We currently have opportunities for dynamic support workers to develop their skills and experience by supporting our client who lives between Surbiton and Thames Ditton and has sustained a brain injury through a road traffic accident. Our client requires support to assist him with his rehabilitation programme and to settle back into his home.
Shifts available are: Monday - Sunday 8am - 8pm
Key Support Worker Tasks include:
- Support the client to undertake their rehabilitation programme
- Support with day to day tasks such as budgeting, managing appointments and assisting with correspondence
- Support with activities of daily living & personal care
- Support with attending social and sport opportunities
The support worker role can be quite a challenging environment so skills such as a positive attitude, compassion, resilience and passion to make a difference are key. You will be supported by our extensively experienced office team and multidisciplinary therapists.
- Minimum 4-hour shift with clients
- Pay rates from £11.55 - £13.65 per hour
- Comprehensive Pre-Employment Assessment Programme
- Internal awards, a recognition scheme and Long Service Awards
- £200 Friend Referral Scheme
- 28 days paid holiday including Bank holidays
- DBS Certificate fully refunded once you have worked 80 hours
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Career development pathways through our Care Training Academy
All applications for this position must be made online by clicking the 'Apply' button and our Recruitment team will be in touch once the application has been reviewed. Fixed hour contracts will be offered after successful 3-month probation period.