Contracted Care Assistant / Support Worker
37.5 hours per week on a 6-month contract (Mon - Sun as the business requires)
£11.55 per hour
We have an exciting opportunity within SweetTree Home Care. Due to the current pandemic and business growth, we are looking for several members of SweetTree’s existing staff to become part of our Rapid Response team.
This is not a standard support position as the successful candidates will be on a guaranteed hour’s contract and will be paid for their agreed hours, regardless of the hours they work. Together the Rapid Response team will cover 7 days a week, 8am - 8pm, they will cover all areas in London including Hampstead, Shepherd’s Bush and Finchley. You will support clients in their daily living tasks including personal care, meal preparation, household chores and mobility. As a Rapid Response Care Assistant / Support Worker, you will be available to cover calls anywhere within your given location during your contracted hours and your travel time is included within your contracted hours and your travel expenses are paid.
What we offer:
- Salary - £11.55 per hour
- Hours - 37.5 hours per week on a 6-month contract (Mon - Sun as the business requires). You will have 2 days off per week.
- Holidays - 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Continuity and reliability are key. You will be responding to changing client requirements and covering short notice absences
- Have a full UK driving license with access to a vehicle, is desirable
- Be willing to travel to various client’s locations within agreed geographical areas
- 3 months minimum experience in the care sector and ideally, have a Health and Social Care Qualification and completed the Care Certificate
- Comprehensive training will be provided so you must be able to access on-line training
- Available to start immediately
- Enable continuity of services to new and existing clients, often at short notice
- Shadow, mentor and introduce new Care Assistants to clients
- Work with the clinical team to assist with ongoing assessments of the care needs for our clients
To apply, please press the button and our Recruitment Team will be in touch.Apply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy
Want to keep an eye on our opportunities? Sign up for our job alerts and get emails about vacancies as they appear.
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.