Apply Now Download Job description
Female* Brain Injury Support Worker, Ashtead
Pay rates from £11.55 per hour
SweetTree Home Care Services has been committed to providing exceptional support and community-based services for people with acquired brain injuries and long term neurological conditions for 18+ years.
We are currently looking for experienced female* brain injury support workers who are looking to develop their skills and experience by supporting our lovely female client in Ashtead who has sustained a brain injury and lives with her family. Our client likes watching tv programmes to do with history or geography and enjoys listening to music. She loves getting out and about and is a wheelchair user. She also likes having her nails painted and a little pampering. Our client’s energy levels are monitored as she may get tired easily. She also has impaired vision and short-term memory difficulties.
The role of a support worker is varied but keys tasks will include:
- Verbal prompting and encouragement with all daily living activities
- Support the client to undertake their rehabilitation programme
- Support with activities of personal care, which may involve use of a hoist
- Ideally be a driver because of the location
Support Worker shifts are available: 8am – 8pm Thursdays and Fridays.
- Minimum 4-hour shift with clients
- Comprehensive Pre-Employment Assessment Programme
- Internal awards, a recognition scheme and Long Service Awards
- £200 Friend Referral Scheme
- 28 days paid holiday including Bank holidays
- DBS Certificate fully refunded once you have worked 80 hours
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Career development pathways through our Care Training Academy
All support worker applications for this position must be made online by clicking the 'Apply' button and our Recruitment team will be in touch once the application has been reviewed.
Thinking of joining SweetTree, click here - https://www.sweettree.co.uk/recruitment/thinking-of-joining/
* Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9