Team Leader - Brain Injury Team
We are currently looking for a team leader towork with a gentleman in Bexleyheath, who has sustained a brain injury and lives with his family. The successful candidate must be available for a minimum of 2 days per week and be able to manage the daily needs and requiresment of the support workers who provide support for our client.
This role is a mix of shift leading (directly supporting service users) along with some admin hours each week. Building on your successful frontline working relationship with the client; your clear, accurate and timely daily report writing and your strong partnership and team work with your colleagues and the case manager you will undertake the following additional duties during the time you are on shift with the client.
- Support the client to undertake their rehabilitation programme
- Support with day to day tasks such as budgeting, managing appointments and assisting with correspondence
- Support with activities of personal care and daily living
- Support with attending social and sport opportunities
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user
Essential Skills, Experience & Attitude:
- An understanding of the needs of all clients
- Proven experience of liaising with external stakeholders and other professionals
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully at different levels, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organisational skills and a thorough approach to work
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team
- Physically fit and able to undertake safe manual handling practices as required
If you are interested, please click the 'Apply for this job' button and our Recruitment team will be in touch.Apply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Make an application
Apply now and we’ll search for you in our talent bank whenever we have a matching vacancy.
Want to keep an eye on our opportunities? Sign up for our job alerts and get emails about vacancies as they appear.
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.