Male* Brain Injury Support Worker
Pay rates from £10.55 per hour
SweetTree Home Care Services has been committed to providing exceptional support and community-based services for people with acquired brain injuries and long term neurological conditions for 19+ years.
We currently have opportunities for a dynamic male* support worker to develop their skills and experience by supporting clients who live in the East London area and have sustained a brain injury (either through accident or through illness) and want to get their lives back on track. The support worker role can be quite a challenging environment so skills such as a positive attitude, compassion, resilience and passion to make a difference are key. You will be supported by our extensively experienced office team and multidisciplinary therapists.
Our support worker positions are for full or part-time work on a zero hour contract basis providing you with the flexibility to work alongside your ongoing commitments such as family or studying. Ideally, you should be able to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Our Specialist Areas that our support workers cover include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Huntington’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Huntington’s Disease
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)
- Other complex Neurological Conditions
Key Tasks include:
- Support the client to undertake their rehabilitation programme
- Support with day to day tasks such as budgeting, managing appointments and assisting with correspondence
- Support with behaviour management, such as help with emotional needs and anger management
- Support with activities of personal care, which may involve use of a hoist, and daily living
- Support with attending social and sport opportunities
- Minimum 4-hour shift with clients
- Pay rates from £10.55 per hour
- Comprehensive Pre-Employment Assessment Programme
- Internal awards, a recognition scheme and Long Service Awards
- £200 Friend Referral Scheme
- 28 days paid holiday including Bank holidays
- DBS Certificate fully refunded once you have worked 80 hours
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Career development pathways through our Care Training Academy
All applications for this position must be made online by clicking the 'Apply' button and our Recruitment team will be in touch once the application has been reviewed.
Thinking of joining SweetTree, click here - https://www.sweettree.co.uk/recruitment/thinking-of-joining/
*Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9Apply Now Download Job description
Work for us
Make an application
Apply now and we’ll search for you in our talent bank whenever we have a matching vacancy.
Want to keep an eye on our opportunities? Sign up for our job alerts and get emails about vacancies as they appear.
Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.