Request a callback

    Follow us: Carer Login
    Looking to work in care?
    020 7644 9550

    Contact us to discuss your care needs
    New clients: 020 7644 9522
    Existing clients: 020 7624 9944

    Follow us: Carer Login
    SweetTree logo

    Contact us to discuss your care needs

    New clients: 020 7644 9554
    Existing clients: 020 7624 9944

    Looking to work in care?


    Care Jobs Recruitment and Training Frequently asked questions


    Why SweetTree?

    SweetTree are incredibly proud to have been highlighted as a leading UK employer, after being named the 35th Best Company to work for by the Sunday Times. Strong recruitment, training and career development practices have also seen SweetTree retain our position as an ‘Investors in People Gold’ Standard company.

    What documentation should I include with my application?

    All applications are made via our candidate portal where you will need to either upload your cv or provide details of your previous employment history.

    Do I need a work permit?

    All British & Irish citizens and those with Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme are currently able to work in the UK without restrictions. If you are applying outside these limitations you will require a work permit/VISA. SweetTree Home Care does not currently provide sponsorship.

    I have not got 3 months previous experience

    For candidates without three months’ previous experience, we have a programme called ASPIRE. The programme includes 5 days bespoke pre-employment training, shadowing some of our experienced Support Workers and completion of the Care Certificate. Once you have completed these steps, you will be providing care to our lovely clients in their own homes.

    Do I need a DBS to work with SweetTree?

    To work with us at SweetTree, you will need a fully Enhanced (Child & Adult Barred) DBS. If you registered for the Update Service (online DBS) you will need to provide us with a copy of the original certificate.

    An existing DBS certificate that has not been registered for the Update Service is non-transferrable between companies and therefore, we will need to apply for a new one on your behalf. The cost of your DBS is £55.60 (£40 plus £15.60 administration fee) which is payable by cash, credit card or bank transfer. The DBS fee is refundable one you have completed 80 hours of work for SweetTree Home Care Services.

    What documentation do I need to provide for my DBS application?

    Documents required to check your eligibility to work in the UK and complete your DBS application are:

    • Passport, National ID or British Birth Certificate (issued within 12 months of date of birth)
    • Valid visa (if applicable), if an overseas student you will also need to supply a letter from your place of study to verify your status.
    • 2 x forms of proof of your current address (not older than 3 months)
    • UK Driving licence and your vehicle insurance (if you are a driver)
    • 1 x passport photograph
    • Your National Insurance Number (issued on NIN card, P45 or P60)
    • Original P45 from you previous employer
    • Addresses history for the past 5 years
    I have a current DBS. Will this be accepted?

    If you have obtained an Enhanced DBS (Child and Adult Barred) by subscribing to the DBS Update Service, you will need to provide us with your original certificate. This updated DBS must be fully enhanced to work with for both adults and children. Other paper DBS certificates are company specific and therefore will not be accepted.

    What happens if I have a criminal conviction on my DBS?

    All criminal convictions must be declared during the application process. If you have committed an offence your suitability to work with us will be evaluated against the type of offence, whether it is ‘spent’ or ‘unspent’, when it was committed and after a conversation with yourself, the final decision will be made by our HR Manager.

    What happens if this is my first employment within the UK?

    If this is your first employment in the UK, it will also be necessary for you to obtain either a criminal records check or ‘Certificates of Good Character; from the country where you have lived for 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total) in the last 10 years, while aged 18 or over. Our HR team will guide you through this process.

    What does SweetTree’s pre-employment training cover?

    Our pre-employment training covers topics such as our policies and procedures; manual handling; administering medication; first aid and Specialist training in either home care, dementia, learning disabilities or brain injuries & neurological conditions.

    Do I get paid to attend the pre-employment training or are my expenses reimbursed?

    There is no charge to attend our pre-employment assessment training however, you will not be paid to attend and your travel expenses are not reimbursed.

    Is accommodation provided for Live In Carers to attend the Pre-employment training?

    Unfortunately, SweetTree Home Care does not provide accommodation whilst you attend our pre-employment training.

    What can I expect as a SweetTree employee?

    All new carers and support workers undertake the Care Certificate consisting of 2 day’s pre-employment assessment; online assignments & assessments and one-to-one mentoring

    • Two-hour minimum visits
    • Live-in and live-out placements
    • Accredited and comprehensive training
    • Continued mentoring and guidance
    • Free 24 hour confidential counselling service for you and your family
    • Quarterly team recognition scheme
    • £200 cash payment for ‘Refer a Friend Scheme’
    Do I need experience to become a care assistant/support worker?

    All of our candidates will need to have a minimum of three months’ previous care experience.

    Are your staff employed or self-employed?

    All of SweetTree carers and support workers are employed by SweetTree and not self-employed.

    I live outside the UK; can I have an interview in my own country or via Skype?

    Yes, we offer face to face interviews at our office in Swiss Cottage, London or online via Zoom.

    Do I need a UK bank account?

    Yes, you will need a UK bank account.

    Do I need my own car and be able to drive?

    Only a few of our roles require a driver and these requirements are detailed within the role advertisement.

    What do I do about food as a Live In Carer?

    You will receive a food allowance of £40 per week.

    I’ve already undertaken training in a previous care company. Do I need to do this again?

    Yes, our pre-employment assessment training is mandatory for all employees.

    Latest vacancies

    View our latest job vacancies.

    Job alerts

    Want to keep an eye on our opportunities? Sign up for our job alerts and get emails about vacancies as they appear.

    Candidate centre

    Candidates who are working on an application for a position can access their drafts here.