Work as a live-in carer
Why be a SweetTree live-in carer?
Choosing a career as a live-in carer takes a very special kind of person.
SweetTree’s live-in care service provides our clients with the reassurance of 24 hour support in the comfort of their own homes. It makes a huge difference to individual client’s lives having that special person by their side offering a quality of life, excellent care and constant support – and often makes the fundamental difference between an older person needing to be placed in a residential care setting or being able to remain in their own home.
From speaking to our existing care team we know that supporting clients with all aspects of their daily living at home offers a real sense of purpose and job satisfaction – but that this important role brings challenges as well as rewards. We believe that in order to fulfill the special role of a live-in carer, the reassurance of working with a supportive team is essential.
As a SweetTree live-in carer you will receive ongoing support in a variety of ways:
- Clients and carers are introduced prior to a new support package starting, with great emphasis placed on individual carer and clients’ needs being matched together. All clients’ needs are thoroughly assessed and support plans are agreed with our clients, their circle of support and the SweetTree care team.
- The SweetTree office team are on hand 24 hours a day in case any concerns arise.
- Live-in carers are not expected to be continuously on duty for 24 hours, you will have pre-arranged rest periods each day. Team members sent to cover the breaks and annual leave will always be experienced SweetTree carers, and we will ensure you always know the colleague you hand over to.
- All team members at SweetTree are permanent employees and therefore have all the benefits of insurances, cover for if you are unwell and statutory benefits such as sick pay, maternity pay and a pension contribution.
- Training at SweetTree is free and accredited, enabling you to build on any lifetime ambitions. Cover to attend training is on-going and our Care Training Academy will support your personal development goals up to diploma level.
- SweetTree hold the prestigious Investors in People Gold award and take the wellbeing of our team very seriously. SweetTree are here to ensure that you are in the best position possible to support your client.
- The team at SweetTree always want to hear your voice and will seek your views formally and informally along the way.
So if you are dedicated and passionate about making a real difference to people’s lives and want a career you can be proud of please get in touch for an informal chat.