Care Training Academy
Developing Leaders in Home Care
At SweetTree, our professional, personalised in-house training is one of the resounding reasons we’re recognised as an industry leader. We don’t simply work to the highest standards of person-centred home care: We train all of our team members to understand, defend, and champion these standards as they grow their own skills and careers.
“SweetTree really does invest in the potential of individuals. I feel prepared and well-trained for future career opportunities, and I feel 100 per cent supported on a personal level.” – SweetTree employee response to ‘Best Companies’ survey, 2015.
What are your goals as a carer?
- To deliver the highest quality of care, based on accredited training, the guidance of experienced mentors, and supported work experience?
- To grow the skills and experience required to care for specialist clients, such as individuals with learning disabilities, brain injuries, or dementia?
- To develop the administration, communication, and leadership abilities to work in care management and planning?
- To further your education and career into nursing, psychology, or medical fields?
Whatever your objectives, The SweetTree Care Academy is designed to ensure that you feel confident, knowledgeable, and fully supported in delivering the best possible client care during your time at SweetTree, and throughout your career.
The SweetTree Care Academy offers SweetTree employees:
Free, ongoing, and accredited training
- 12-week Care Certificate: Understand your role and duty of care; the principles of safeguarding adults and children; the pillars of nutrition, handling, and safety; how to perform basic life support; and develop the communication and care skills to work in a person-centred way – while gaining AIM Awards accreditations.
- Specialist short courses: Among a range of certificates, we provide BILD (British Institute of Learning Disabilities) training, PROACT-SCIPr-UK training, Gold Standards Framework End of Life training, and AIM Awards to grow knowledge on diabetes, dementia, and more.
- Diplomas and further study: Concrete your career with the QCF Levels 2 and 3 Diplomas in Health and Social Care (Adults). Learn at our SweetTree offices, with fellow SweetTree staff.
Full individual support for learning
All SweetTree Care Academy training, access to regular student workshops, learning spaces, and one-on-one assistance from learning managers is free to SweetTree staff. We’ll support you through your assignments and exams with the understanding that translating care practices onto paper can have its challenges.
Support networks of experienced trainers and colleagues
During your time at SweetTree, you’ll grow alongside an experienced and diverse team of experts. Our training is delivered by a large team of specialist staff, with experience across physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dementia nursing, learning disabilities, and brain injury nursing.
From day one, SweetTree will help you build your professional training portfolio and CPD (continuing professional development) points, to best represent and reward your development in the wider workplace.
Talk to us
If you’re driven to become a skilled, professional carer, committed to delivering the best outcomes for clients, call 020 7644 9550 to learn more about growing with The SweetTree Care Training Academy.